Tired of looking out back and not liking what you see?
Do your want patio furniture that your neighbors dream about?
Adirondack chairs provide classic, comfortable outdoor seating that is consistently featured by today’s trendsetting and trusted sources for outdoor furnishings.
They are a simple but attractive addition to patios, lawns, and porches that fit with every look.
If you need a great place to unwind, Adirondack chairs have a tried and true design for relaxing. They are made durable to withstand weather and wear, year after year.
Adirondack chairs never go out of style and are a great looking and functional way to spruce up your lawn.
Before you purchase Adirondack chairs, there are few things to consider to make sure that you are making the best choice.
How to choose the best Adirondack Chairs:
Here are 5 tips for buying Adirondack chairs.
1. Choose Adirondack chairs that are made of high-quality wood.
Lawn and patio furniture should be made of strong, resilient materials that are built to last.
When considering which Adirondack chairs to purchase, make sure that the wood used is hearty enough to last and won’t be compromised by exposure to the elements.
Western Red Cedar is one type of high-quality wood that will stand the test of time and will not be affected by weather conditions.
2. Get the best value for your money.
When choosing outdoor furniture, it pays to purchase a high-value brand.
If you do not consider value, you might be disappointed when after a season or two, you find that your chairs need to be replaced.
On the other hand, investing in a chair that prioritizes value and quality, will be money well spent.
High-quality Adirondack chairs won’t need replacing often. Their appearance won’t be easily weathered and they will be made to last.
There are many brands to choose from. Some are priced cheap, while others may exceed your budget.
Stick to a reasonable price limit, but don’t expect to buy high-quality chairs for almost nothing.
3. Choose a versatile option.
There are so many Adirondack chairs on the market to choose from, you might be tempted to choose one that is painted with frilly designs or a color scheme that may not last as long as your chairs.
Instead, stick to basic, quality wood that offers simple beauty in its rich, organic state.
Simple designs can be customized with cushions. There are many different seat cushions to choose from that fit trendy tastes and every budget.
If you decorate using cushions, instead of altering the colors and designs of the wood, your chairs can easily accommodate seasonal changes and new updated fashions.
There are also seasonal variations that can be added such as sheepskin throws that keep guests warm on a chilly fall evening by the firepit, or large overhead umbrellas to shield the sun’s rays on a hot day.
If you should choose to paint your chair an alternate color, that option is available to you, but start with a natural canvas.
4. Go with a classic overall design.
The great thing about the design of the classic Adirondack is that it has not changed and continues to be the go-to trend for home and garden enthusiasts.
Stick to the standard design: clean lines, comfort-built, sturdy resilience.
The Adirondack standard does not require tweaking. Its timeless look has always been a good choice.
Don’t be swayed by new twists on an old classic.
The reason that the classic design has remained popular for so long is because it is a style that lasts.
5. Choose a professional brand that uses finished, crafted materials.
There are many Do-It-Yourself plans for Adirondack chairs and in recent years, furniture builders have begun using materials such as pallet wood when designing pieces.
Unfortunately, these types of projects and wood may not hold up very long.
In addition to their inability to last, unfinished wood, especially that is not meant for furnishings, often looks dingy and unattractive.
It may cost a few dollars more to forgo making your own chairs, or purchasing chairs made from finished wood that is naturally beautiful, but it is definitely worth it.
Wood such as the Western Red Cedar used by LR Woodworking is a stand-alone beauty.
These materials will not absorb moisture and mold. They will not darken or lighten unevenly.
The wood materials that you want to use will continue to hold their naturally beautiful appeal year after year.
You will not have to worry with wood rotting or discoloration if you choose the right materials from the start.
Some other ideas for making sure that you choose the best Adirondack chairs are as follows:
- Check out their website. Take a look at what they offer and how long they have been in business. The most reliable companies will have their complete selection and history available to potential customers online.
- Read customer reviews. This is a great way to get an idea of how you will feel after your purchase. Read several different opinions so that you can form an objective expectation.
- Speak to a company representative. Oftentimes, the best way to find out if a company knows their stuff, and offers professional level products, is to speak directly to them. Ask them any questions that you might have regarding your purchase. If you have specific preferences they may be willing to accommodate them if you ask directly.
- Inquire about annual sales. Sometimes, companies offer discounted rates at certain times of the year. You can always ask if the company offers seasonal discounts, or group discounts such as military, multi-quantity or loyal customer. This may indicate the best time to buy and can also save you money.
Adirondack chairs offer style and comfort. They are also timeless pieces, that when crafted with precision and quality, will hold up to weather and time.
Look for a durable brand that is also built to look its best.
When you make your decision, you can feel confident that you have made a good choice.
Your decision will be reinforced when you become the envy of your neighbors.